Descendants of Anthony Lindsay


First Generation  Next

1. Anthony Lindsay, son of Anthony Lindsay and Alice Page Tolson, was born in 1736 in Prince Georges Co., MD., was baptized in Lindsay's Sta., Scott Co., KY, died in 1807 in Lindsay's Station, Stamping Ground, Scott, KY at age 71, and was buried in Lindsay's Station, Stamping Ground, Scott, KY.

General Notes: Information from:

Ken Lindsay & Associates

Subscribe to Descendants of Anthony LINDSAY of London to Maryland Colony

Browse Archives at

Terms of Use

You are welcome to publish any of these articles free of charge in your print or electronic publications, provided the following three conditions are met:
(1) Ken Lindsay must be credited as the author of the article at the beginning of the article.

(2) Cut and paste the entire article, including the author's box at the end of each article. There must be no changes whatsoever.

(3) Websites and electronic publications must include live link to at the end of the article.

Table of Contents
How to Start Your Family History
How to Coach Basketball Fundamentals
Guide to Coaching Sports
Genealogy Links
James B. Lindsay
Elizabeth Berkley
George S. Lindsay
Mahala Ann Mays
Edward E. Berkley
Elizabeth Wilson
Cyrus Lindsay
Mary Jackson
William Mays
Mary Mattingly
John C. Lindsay
Susannah Dowden
William Jackson
Nancy Ford
Elijah Mays
Patsey Pryor
Anthony Lindsay, Jr.
Rachel Ann Dorsey
Nathaniel Dowden
Nicholas Dorsey, Jr.
Sarah Griffith
Anthony Lindsay, Sr.
Alice Page
Nicholas Dorsey, Sr.
Frances Hughes
Samuel Lindsay
Orlando Griffith
Katherine Howard
Nicholas Greenberry
William Griffith
Sarah MacCubbin
John Howard Jr.
Kathryn Greenberry
Michael Ashford
Rachael Neville
John Howard
Susanna Norwood
James William Green
Mary Ann Bryant
Napoleon B. Green
Elizabeth Shawhan
James Bryant
Margaret Scott

George A. Muensterman
Mary E. Koressel
Joseph Munstermann
Elizabeth Herberhold
Homer L. Traylor
Zella M. Meadows
Nicholas Vachel Lindsay
Frontier Explorers
Signature Study
Georgia Project
Lindsay's Fort
Invitation to Join
Michael Bryant
Needham Bryant
Mary "Polly" Ann Bryant
Lindsay Genealogy
Southampton Co., VA
North Carolina
Future Maps

Biography of Anthony Lindsay, Jr. (1736-1808) Soldier, Explorer and Pioneer
By Ken Lindsay
5. Anthony4 LINDSAY, Jr., (Anthony3, Samuel2, Robert1) son of Anthony and Alice (PAGE) LINDSAY, was born about 1736 in Prince George Co, Maryland and died __ ___ 1808 in Lindsay's Station., Scott Co., Kentucky. He is buried in the fort's cemetery along side his wife. Upon his death, his sixth born child, Anthony Lindsay III, took over and operated his father's station. He, too, is buried in the old fort cemetery and the two should never be mistaken.

Events of the French & Indian War
The arrival of Celoron de Bienville, with his lead plates, sent a chill over the scattered mountain settlements. The Ohio Company began to shore up their own claim to the region. They built a stone storehouse at the confluence of Wills Creek and the Potomac River. They hired Cresap to mark and clear a road from this store house, across the mountains, to the Ohio Valley. For a while longer nothing happened. Then, in 1753, the French came back and began to build forts in the valley. The governor of Virginia sent George Washington to warn them off. Washington was in his teens, a Virgin-ia militia officer, and was surveying Lord Fairfax's lands.

The French snubbed the Virginia ultimatum and pressed on to the Forks of the Ohio. They found a frail Virginia Fort there and proceeded to take it, where they heard that Virginia had fielded a military unit.

This small army was under the command of George Washington with orders to drive the French out of the valley. The French sent an expedition out to combat this; however, the Virginians found them first. Washington's little army attacked; thus, starting the French and Indian War. They defeated the French in this initial battle. Anthony Lindsay, age 18, is said to have been the dispatch-bearer with Washington's army. He is reported to have been the messenger dispatched by Washington to Governor Dinwiddie relaying news of this French defeat.

One can speculate that it was during this journey that Anthony Lindsay first stayed in the home of Nicholas Dorsey at Eldersburg, in Baltimore County. Possibly, this was not his first contact with the Dorsey family; but, it certainly wouldn't be the last.

This was a short-lived victory. Within weeks, Washington's forces were cornered in a makeshift fort called, Fort Necessity. and were forced to surrender. By then England was aroused to the danger of French expansion in North America. They planned a campaign to expel the French from the Ohio.

General Braddock
Two regiments of regulars under Major General Edward Braddock arrived in Virginia in February, 1765. A few months, later, he planned a campaign to cross the mountains and attack Fort Duquesne, a French fort, erected on the ruins of Fort Necessity. The force, when finally assembled, consisted of 1,400 regulars and about 600 other troops. These included independent troops from New York, six companies of rangers - one from Maryland, and thirty seamen from the fleet, to serve as artillery soldiers. On 30 May 1755 they set out. Forty-seven days later, on July 15, word reached Annapolis that the expedition was a disaster.

Throughout the rest of 1755 and on into the following years, raid after raid struck isolated and outlying settlements. Cabins were burned, cattle slaughtered, men tomahawked, women and children slain or carried off. Settlers fled from their homes in droves. The Maryland Gazette 4 March 1756 reported:

"Our accounts from the westward are truly alarming. All the slaughters, scalpings, burnings and every other barbarity and mischief that the mongrel French, Indians, and their chieftain, the Devil, can invent are often perpetuated there and approach us nigher and nigher."

With Indian war parties threatening, people withdrew from the backcountry altogether. Fort Cumberland was left with a small garrison. The rest of the remaining forces withdrew to a newly erected fort near Hagerstown. This fort was named Fort Frederick; but, should not be confused with the settlement named Frederick. That settlement was several miles back east.

Anthony LINDSAY married about 1756 at Eldersburg, Baltimore Co., Maryland, Rachel Ann DORSEY, daughter of Nicholas and Sarah (GRIFFITH) DORSEY.

Rachel Ann (DORSEY) LINDSAY was born about 1738 in Baltimore Co., Maryland. She and Anthony lived in Eldersburg until 1767. It was here they farmed the land. Presumably, they grew tobacco, grain, and raised cattle. These were the most prominent crops grown in that area of Baltimore county.

A Second Tour For Anthony
Forbes had 1,700 regulars, mostly Highlanders, plus 2,700 Pennsylvanians, 1,000 Virginians (in two regiments, one commanded by Colonel George Washington), and 300 Marylanders. Anthony Lindsay, once again, served in this British effort.

French & Indian War Ends

10 February 1763 the Treaty of Paris ended the French & Indian War. France ceded, to Great Britain, Canada and all her territory east of the Mississippi except Isle d'Orleans. Spain ceded Florida to Great Britain, who restored Cuba and the Philippines to Spain. In November of 1762, King Louis XV of France, had secretly ceded Louisiana west of the Mississippi, plus the Isle d'Orleans to his "dear and beloved cousin," King of Spain

On the 13th of August 1767 Anthony and Rachel Ann (Dorsey) Lindsay bought adjoining property from Rachel's brother, Charles Dorsey. This indicates they prospered at farming.

Early in the spring of 1773, Anthony and Rachel (Dorsey) Lindsay sold their farm and moved westward into the Southern part of Frederick county. They continued to farm in the area that is now, Montgomery county.

Elkhorn Region of Fincastle County (Kentucky) Explored
News of the new fertile ground of Kentucky swept over Frederick county like wildfire. Still filled with adventure, the 39 year-old Anthony Lindsay, and his sons, Nicholas and John, along with other Marylanders in the spring of 1775, joined a party led by Charles LeCompte. These explorers trekked their way over ground that Anthony had traveled during the French and Indian War. They rested at Cresap's Old Town, climbed over the Allegheny Mountains, down the Monongahela Valley, and on to Fort Pitt. Here they joined with a party of Pennsylvanians, led by William McConnell and a group of Lindsays, led by Robert Patterson.

At Fort Pitt, they built canoes, a flatboat for their horses, gathered supplies of food and gunpowder. They wound their way down the Ohio River, camping on the south bank each night. They were all cautious men and well aware the Shawnees watched their progress.

They made camp at the confluence of the Ohio and Kentucky Rivers. This camp was where Carrollton, Carroll Co., Kentucky, now stands. Each day from their camp, they fanned out to explore the new territory on both sides of the Kentucky River. They moved on down the Kentucky River to the mouth of the Elkhorn River. Again, they set up camp and explored both banks of that river, before moving on down to the forks of the Elkhorn.

They moved their camp to the forks, and spent weeks exploring the land drained by both forks of that stream. They liked what they saw. William McConnell was a surveyor and staked all their claims. The next few weeks was spent building cabins as improvements on their claims. William McConnell and the Patterson group went on to where Lexington now stands. Charles LeCompte led his Maryland group back up the Ohio to Cox's Fort by canoe. After a brief stay at this fort, they made their way to Fort Pitt. The party divided, each returning to their respective homes. No doubt, while at the Forks of the Elkhorn, the Maryland Lindsays made up their minds to return to Kentucky soon as possible.

Upon their return to Frederick county, Anthony, and his two older sons, learned that the colonist were on the brink of war with the mother country. Maryland had already set up a provisional government and blood had already been shed near Boston. The colonists had already declared independence. Armies were being raised. Actually, Maryland was one of the earliest colonies into the field. Part of the quota of troops requested of her by Congress was two rifle companies. These were to be raised in the back-country. Anthony Lindsay learned of this when they arrived at Old Town from Kentucky in October.

Anthony Lindsay's Service in Revolutionary War
In the later part of 1776 there were numerous Indian threats to the extreme western settlements of Maryland and northern Virginia. On the 17 January 1777 Anthony Lindsay was appointed a Second Lieutenant in the Linganon Battalion of Frederick county.

Anthony and Rachel Ann (Dorsey) Lindsay were still living in Frederick county in 1778 when Anthony took the Oath of Fidelity. All that winter the Lindsay, Dowden, and Quisenberry families, made preparations to move to the Forks of the Elkhorn region. They had heard of George Rogers Clark's capture of the forts at Kaskaskia and Vincennes. It would be safe to travel now.

In late spring of 1779, after Anthony's oldest child, Kate Lindsay, married her first cousin, John Lindsay, the wagon train rolled west. Charles LeCompte would lead the way. Kate, and possibly Charles Lindsay, were Anthony's only children to remain in Maryland. They went through Old Town, then crossed the Mason-Dixon Line into Westmorland County. The area within which they lived is now Fayette Co., Pennsylvania.

The next year all the families moved westward into an area that both Virginia and Pennsylvania claimed jurisdiction. This section is located within the present panhandle of West Virginia. The Cox families had two forts in the area. One was above Buffalo Creek and the other, below the same Creek. No sooner than they arrived, the Indians became troublesome on the frontier. The wagon train had to retreat back to the safety of forts in Westmoreland County. They would have to remain here until the Indians eased their attacks. This would be anther year.

In 1783, the Lindsay, Dowden, and Quisenberry families reached the Ohio River. They built flatboats to haul their cattle, horses, and wagons loaded with only the necessities of life. The flatboats were lashed together during the journey to withstand the spring-time dangers of the swollen Ohio River. The flatboats were nothing more than rafts made of logs. Each had protective sides six feet high and thick enough to withstand rifle balls. Each of the flatboats had a partial roof over their sterns. This provided protection from the elements. The men took turns as scouts, along the south bank of the river. On horseback they kept three or four miles ahead of the boats. These scouts kept a sharp eye for Indians. At the end of each day, they would find a safe place to camp on the south bank of the river. In the course of the day, these scouts would kill enough wild game to feed everybody.

Apparently their trip down the Ohio was uneventful. They reached the Forks of the Elkhorn about late spring of 1783. All that summer they spent time farming and building cabins on land the expected to claim.

Because of the Indian threats, Heyden's Station became their haven of safety that first winter. The area where they settled was near the Forks of the Elkhorn, mostly along that river's northern branch. Anthony Lindsay's farm lay within the present bounds of Scott and Franklin counties; however, at that time, it was considered to be Fayette Co., Virginia. The state of Kentucky was yet to be formed.

Three years earlier, in 1780, the county of Kentucky was divided into three counties. these were, Fayette, Jefferson, and Lincoln counties. All of them were counties of Virginia. This was the division at the time Anthony Lindsay brought his family to the Forks of the Elkhorn area. Nelson County was formed in 1784. It was taken off Jefferson county. In 1785 three more counties were formed. These were Bourbon, taken off Fayette county, Madison, taken off Lincoln county, and Mercer, taken off Lincoln county. Settlers came down the Ohio to Kentucky in droves.

On 17 September 1788 Anthony Lindsay signed a petition to further divide Fayette county. Thus, Woodford County was formed from Fayette in May 1789. Anthony Lindsay's farm now lay in Woodford. Mason County was formed the same year. It was taken from Bourbon County.

On October 18th, 1790, General Joshia Harmar, in the first of a long series of expeditions to overawe the Ohio Indians, was defeated by them near Fort Wayne. This began five more years of Indian threats to Kentucky and the northwest. This loss caused great concern to Anthony about the safety of his family. Bryant's Station was too far away. He would build his own.

Lindsay's Fort
It was here in Woodford County in 1790 that Anthony and Rachel (Dorsey) Lindsay, with the help of children and neighbors, built Lindsay's Fort. This fort was a typical Two-Family Station of that day. Located high on a ridge overlooking a broad Buffalo Trace, a twelve-foot high stockade completely enclosed the area between two log block-houses. About two hundred feet apart, the houses stood at opposite ends of the stockade. their only doors and windows were in the side of the wall which enclosed the two rows of logs that stood on end, making the stockade.

The two identical blockhouses were two story high. The top floor overhung the first floors by five feet. This made the fort easy to defend. There were no blind spots for the enemy to scale the stockade wall. There were no windows on the outside walls; however, there were a great many slits used for loopholes.

The first level of each block-house, 16' by 25'and 14'high, was devoid of any wooden floor. The bare ground served each one very well. There was a large open fireplace to the east end of each block-house. This was used for both heating and cooking. All sorts of pans, kettles, chairs, and muskets hung from its four walls. The walls of the loft, or second floor, were 10 feet longer than the ground floor. It extended 5 feet over the ground floor on all sides. The floor of the loft was covered with rough hewn planks. To reach the loft, you climbed a ladder extended through an opening cut in the floor of the loft. There were many built-in bunks extending from all four walls.

In the middle of the loft was a table four benches. On the table lay a couple of books and a burning candle, with its flickering flame, made shadows dance off the walls. In addition the second floor had another loft of its own. This loft covered only half of the overhead space and was used mainly for storage and sleeping.

There were other buildings built along both stockade walls. All these had sloping roofs. Most were used for cattle, horses, and other livestock; however, a few were pressed into service as housing in times of Indian troubles when neighbors took refuge with the Lindsays. This happened frequently the next few years. It grew more intense in the early spring and summer of 1791. Today, this site is designated and marked by the Kentucky Historical Society. The plaque reads as follows:

Elkhorn Region first explored in 1775. William McConnell and Charles LeCompte led a party that included Anthony Lindsay. In 1790, he built a fort here on an old Buffalo Trace, main thoroughfare from Georgetown to the Ohio River. Lindsay's grave 100 yards north."

On June 1, 1792, Kentucky became a state. This was soon followed by other county divisions. Scott county was taken off Woodford. This left Lindsay's Station in the new county of Scott. At the same time, Shelby county was taken off Jefferson and adjoined Scott county to the west. All of Anthony's children, except Nicholas Lindsay, lived close by Lindsay's Station. Nicholas had gone across the Ohio River into the Northwest Territory, where he had built a block-house and ran a tan-yard in the present Dearborn Co., Indiana.

In February of 1794, the Governor of Canada told a delegation of Indians, gathered at Quebec, that the land in the Northwest Territory belonged to them. He promised, if the Indians would assist them in the war, that land would be returned to them when victory was won. This greatly aroused further Indian activity in the Northwest Territory. It even extended raids by the Indians into the state of Kentucky.

Battle of Fallen Timbers
On August 20, 1794, General Anthony Wayne, along with a great number of Kentuckians, defeated the Indians in the Battle of Fallen Timbers. This was at the present site of Fort Wayne, Indiana.

On August 3, 1795, General Anthony Wayne concluded a treaty with the Ohio Indians. This was called the Treaty of Greenville. It ceded large areas of land in the Northwest Territory to the whites. In 1796, the Public Land Act authorized sale in minimum lots of 640 acres at the price of $2 per acre. This could even be bought on credit.

Indiana Territory Formed
May 7, 1800, the Northwest Territory was divided. The western portion became the Indiana Territory. On May 10, 1800, The Public Land Act authorized land sales of 320 acres at $2 per acre, on four year installments. This was sponsored by William Henry Harrison, governor of the Indiana Territory. On march 1, 1803, Ohio became a state. The next day, France sold the Louisiana Territory to the United States. March 26, 1804, the "new" Public Land Act lessened the number of acres that could be purchased at $2 an acre to 160. This, too, could be paid for with installments scattered over a four year period.

The exact date is unknown; however, during 1805, Rachel Ann (Dorsey) Lindsay died at her home at Lindsay's Station in Scott Co., Kentucky. She was 67 years old and had endured some of the greatest hardships known to mankind. She was truly a pioneer and lies buried, in an unmarked grave in the old Lindsay's Station cemetery.

Sometime during 1808, Anthony Lindsay died at his home in Lindsay's Station, Scott Co., Kentucky. He lies buried beside his wife, Rachel Ann (Dorsey) Lindsay. It is a shame; but, both graves are unmarked and overgrown with bush. It seems a might disrespectful to a couple who helped mould this nation.

This man fought two wars. He was one of the earliest explorers of Kentucky and fought back the Shawnee Indians to protect those pioneer Kentucky settlers, long before Kentucky became a state. Yet, Anthony Lindsay lived to be 72 years old. He is said to be descended from one of the Dukes of Normandy; however, this has never been proven.

Lindsay's Station is located a few miles north of Stamping Ground, Scott Co., Kentucky, on highway 227. The site is noted by a Kentucky Historical Marker alongside the highway.

They had twelve children:
+ 10 M iv. Nicholas5 LINDSAY, b. about 1754 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. about 1830 in Edgar Co., Illinois; md. about 1776 in Frederick Co., Maryland, Mary QUISENBERRY; b. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______.

+ 11 F i. Kate LINDSAY, b. about 1757 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; md. about 1779 in Frederick Co., Maryland, John LINDSAY, son of Samuel and Sarah (______) LINDSAY; (They were first cousins.); b. 15 Mar 1728 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. 16 Apr 1800 in Prince George Co., Maryland.

+ 12 M ii. John C. LINDSAY, b. __ ___ 1759 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. 10 Sep 1838 in Hancock Co., Kentucky; md. about 1774 in Montgomery Co., Maryland, Susannah DOWDEN; b. about 1758 in Frederick Co., Maryland; d. about 1826 in Henry Co., Kentucky.

13 F iii. Sally LINDSAY, b. about 1760 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; md. 18 Feb 1794 in Bourbon Co., Kentucky, Benjamin COLE; b. __ ___ ____ in ______ CO., _______; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______.

14 M v. Charles LINDSAY, b. about 1765 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______.

+ 15 M vi. Anthony LINDSAY III, b. 14 Feb 1767 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. 11 Apr 1831 in Lindsay's Station, Scott Co., Kentucky; md. __ ___ 1788 in Fayette Co., Kentucky, Alice COLE, b. 20 Jun 1769 in _______ Co., Pennsylvania; d. 23 Jul 1813 in Lindsay's Station, Scott Co., Kentucky. Both husband and wife are buried in the fort's old cemetery and have markers. They were destined to become the grandparents of Frank and Jesse JAMES, notorious outlaws.

+ 16 F vii. Rachel LINDSAY, b. about 1769 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. about 1816 in Henry Co., Kentucky; md. 10 Jun 1790 in Woodford Co., Kentucky, Daniel APPLEGATE, b. __ ___ 1768 in Albany, New York; d. __ ___ 1825 in St. Louis, Missouri. Daniel was a drummer-boy in the American Revolutionary War. Two of their sons became famous for leading early settlers over the Oregon Trail.

17 F viii. Elizabeth LINDSAY, b. about 1771 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; md. __ ___ 1793 in Shelby Co., Kentucky, Elijah WHITAKER, b. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; d. __ ___ 1826 in Shelby Co., Kentucky.

+ 18 M ix. Vachel Dorsey LINDSAY, b. 15 Feb 1773 in Baltimore Co., Maryland; d. 30 Oct 1855 in Gallatin Co., Kentucky; buried in Lindsay Cemetery in Aurora, Dearborn Co., Indiana; md. 20 Mar 1792 in Bourbon Co., Kentucky, Ann QUISENBERRY, b. __ ___ 1774 in _______ Co., _______; d. 27 Nov 1842 in Aurora, Dearborn Co., Indiana. She, too, is buried in the Lindsay Cemetery.

+ 19 F x. Lydia LINDSAY, b. about 1774 in Frederick Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in Owensboro, Daviess Co., Kentucky; md. 1st __ ___ 1793 in Shelby Co., Kentucky, Jesse WHITAKER, b. about 1774 in ______ Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ 1800 in Shelby Co., Kentucky; md. 2nd 18 Feb 1804 in Shelby Co., Kentucky, John McCROCKLIN, b. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______.

20 F xi. Lucy LINDSAY, b. about 1776 in Frederick Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in ______ Co., _______.

+ 21 M xii. Elisha LINDSAY, b. about 1777 in Frederick Co., Maryland; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co. _______; md. 01 Sep 1797 in Shelby Co., Kentucky, Sarah HOLMES, b. 01 Jul 1782 in Clermont Co., Ohio; d. __ ___ ____ in _______ Co., _______.


John Lindsey Pension Record

BURIAL: Kentucky Historical Society Bronze Plaque marking the site of Lindsay's Station reads: "Lindsay's grave is 100 yards north."

BIRTH: Margaret Isabella Lindsay's "The Lindsays of America," Albany, New York, c1889, pages 257-259.

Bourbon Co., Kentucky Marriage Bonds.

Henry Co., Kentucky Marriage Bonds

Shelby Co., Kentucky Marriage Bonds.

Shelby Co., Kentucky Will Book A (Inventory of Elijah Whitaker Estate April Court1826.

Woodford Co., Kentucky Marriage Bonds

Copyright 2005 Kenneth G. Lindsay
About the Author: Ken Lindsay is a retired mining engineer, teacher, coach, family historian, publisher and author. You may contact him by E-mail.

This article is courtesy of

Sponsored Links

What are these ads?


Send mail to Ken Lindsay with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright 2004-2007 Ken Lindsay & Associates.
Last modified: 08/18/07

Anthony married Rachel Ann Dorsey, daughter of Nicholas Dorsey and Sarah Griffith, in 1756 in Eldesmere, Carroll, Maryland. Rachel was born in 1737 in Eldersburg, Delaware Hnd., Baltimore, Maryland, was baptized in Lindsay's Sta., Scott Co., KY, died in 1805 in Lindsay's Station, Stamping Ground, Scott, KY at age 68, and was buried in Lindsay's Station, Stamping Ground, Scott, KY..

Children from this marriage were:

+ 2 F    i. Kate Lindsay was born about 1757 in Baltimore Co., MD.

+ 3 M    ii. John C. Lindsay was born in 1759 in Baltimore Co., MD, was baptized in Hancock Co., KY, died on 10 Sep 1838 in Hancock Co., KY at age 79, and was buried in Dukes Cemetery Eastern Part Of Hancock Co.

   4 F    iii. Sally Lindsay was born about 1760 in Baltimore Co., MD.

Sally married Benjamin Cole on 18 Feb 1794 in Bourbon Co., KY. Benjamin died in KY.

+ 5 M    iv. Nicholas Lindsay was born about 1762 in Baltimore Co., MD and died about 1830 in Edgar Co., IL about age 68.

   6 M    v. Charles Lindsay was born about 1765 in Baltimore Co., MD.

+ 7 M    vi. Anthony Lindsay, III was born on 14 Feb 1767 in Eldersburg, Baltimore Co., MD., was baptized in Lindsay's Sta., Scott Co., KY, and died on 11 Apr 1831 in Scott Co., KY at age 64.

+ 8 F    vii. Rachel Lindsay was born about 1769 in Baltimore Co., MD.

   9 F    viii. Elizabeth Lindsay was born about 1771 in Baltimore Co., MD.

Elizabeth married Elijah Whitaker, son of John Whitaker and Mary McComas, in 1793 in Shelby Co., KY. Elijah died in 1826 in Shelby Co., KY.

+ 10 M    ix. Vachel Dorsey Lindsay was born on 15 Feb 1773 in Baltimore Co., MD, was baptized in Lindsay Cem., Aurora, IN, and died on 30 Oct 1855 in Gallatin Co., KY at age 82.

+ 11 F    x. Lydia Lindsay was born about 1774 in Frederick Co., MD and died in Owensboro, Daviess Co., KY.

   12 F    xi. Lucy Lindsay was born about 1776 in Frederick Co., MD.

+ 13 M    xii. Elisha Lindsay was born about 1777 in Frederick Co., MD.

Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List

This Web Site was Created 2 Mar 2008 with Legacy 6.0 from Millennia